Hanapan ang Blog na Ito

Translate

Miyerkules, Enero 20, 2021

The Band that Inspired Me: Big Time Rush

Genuine, talented, humble, inspiring, encouraging, and true SUPERSTARS!



Those words I can say literally described the band also by other fans.

Even though this band has ceased performing for the world in 2014, this band has made a MAJOR LEGACY especially being known for resurrecting the boy band wave as they paid tribute to their fellow boy band Backstreet Boys in their music videos "Worldwide" and "Like Nobody's Around." They also paid tribute and homage to the British band "The Beatles" in which our parents and grandparents could literally and energetically sing along with their cover versions of the most beloved Beatles hits as heard from their ONLY movie "Big Time Movie" with the accompanying EP-soundtrack of the same title. 

Not only that, they are charmingly good looking guys who aged gracefully like fine wine. They also write songs, act, and EVEN dance besides singing in which all of these skills are natural to them and to be known for. 

They're also a major influence on young audiences especially young girls and teenagers who were swooned by their gracious presence on and off stage and camera. This band never cease to amaze us all with their full-time advocacy to have them on their side even if the band ceased. 

Not to mention that they sang the National Anthem of the United States of America in which I really admired them for their strong patriotism not to mention their harmonies are unified! I may not be an American citizen but a Filipino citizen who strongly appreciates American spirit of Big Time Rush.

They also have a philanthropic heart that they took part in a Salvation Army's food giving! 

How well do I have appreciation towards Big Time Rush:


MEMBER SIDE

1. A member who inspired me to be what I want to be?
  • My beloved favorite Logan Henderson because of his optimistic and strong personality also for his dedication not only as a singer but as a person! 
2. A member who I wish to talk to especially on the advocacy?
  • It could be both James Maslow and Logan Henderson. With James, since he took part of this activity with ACEing Autism, I was struck by a chord to share my autism story with him and would probably learn something special from him. With Logan, he is a mental health advocate and would one day share my thoughts on that matter since a person with autism like me has also dealt with mental health-related conditions such as anxiety and depression. All in a diplomatic manner! YEAH.
3. A member who I wish to collaborate with for something unusual (musically)?

  • Probably Kendall Schmidt and I would love to sing with him with a rock-pop song and would even love to collaborate with him in the songwriting and producing process.
4. A Member that I wish to collaborate for a Christian song?
  • I would love to collaborate with the coolest member the one and only Carlos PenaVega. It's obvious that he is Christian and his known to be very inspirational as well. I hope I could one day sing with him in one of the Christian songs especially in Spanish! Me gusta canta musica de Cristiano! Si?
5. Which member I wish to partner with within a dance? 
  • That's the hardest one!! It could be James Maslow! I imagined me and him could get along well and would even love to have a special dance performance with him one time if I got the chance! Especially the tango and waltz ~ it's gonna be fun dancing with him with those dance styles!

MUSICAL SIDE

1. An album that became I would wish to buy? 
  • The album that I wish to have would be all of them. Because it speaks MANY volumes! Not only that they can sing beautifully in which we ALL know and we'll remember them for. Also, those songs on all albums are hard to forget for their catchy tunes either those songs are also singles or not, these songs have many stories to tell.
2. An album that explained what my life is and why?
  • The album that would explain my life is "Elevate" with my favorite songs - "Blow Your Speakers",  "All Over Again", "Show Me", "Elevate", "Epic" and "No Idea" as relevant to my life as a person with autism.
3. A song describes me being free from shackles?
  • The song that described me being free from shackles was "Invisible" from their album Elevate. It was also explained by Carlos in one of their concert called "Better With U Tour" that he found an inspiration upon writing that song from a twitter post from a fan and this song was a big-time dedication to all Big Time Rush fans just like me. But this has another meaning and it really spoke to me from my personal point of view because I was used to be a loner not being sad literally and wasn't being understood at all for being autistic. So this song is not just a typical encouraging song but also a Christian song (in which not all know at all) because it is God who speaks the message of the song with conviction.
4. My guilty pleasure song?
  • This has to be the funniest question and I don't know the words "Guilty pleasure" until I made a research on that with "Windows Down" in mind! 
5. Saddest song?
  • It's obvious! Their unreleased song "Intermission" where my favorite member Logan Henderson has them most lines and has become the song that showcased his expressive singing and musical phrasing along with its strong vocal quality specifically his sky-rocketed high notes in which I was really in favor of that after hearing his high note on the latter end for many times! Upon looking at that song's lyrics, it was about taking time after a major conflict between two people to take a break and have their own space as they reflect on what's their plans now that their relationship does not work like before. The musical term "Intermission" means an interval between musical performance in 10 minutes in concerts and recitals.
6. Song that is meant to dance?
  • EPIC!!! - I ain't stop dancing to that song! Like EVER.
7. A song that they suppose to re-vised into an inspirational song?
  • It would be "Worldwide" with their text changed to 
    • " Cuz God is thinking about you Worldwide... worldwide.. worldwide."
  • Also, this one "Windows Down" with changed text to 
    • "All the Demons down, when you're praying, shout it out...woohoo! Say AMEN! SAY AMEN!
8. One song from the band I wish to have as a signature song?
  • My beloved favorite "Intermission" due to a challenging and demanding song from them that I can take a risk of!
  • "Nothing Even Matters" because it was a special song to me dedicating to my special friends and my special one!
  • "Show Me" is also the other song that I wish to own because it was short but sweet, also showcase my opposite of me when it comes to the vocal range!
9. If I could one day pay homage to Big Time Rush and would create a medley of their songs for performance what songs?
  • Na Na Na Na / Music Sounds Better With U / Superstar / Elevate / Love Me, Love Me / Run Wild / Nothing Really Matters / I Know, You Know / 24/seven / This is Our Someday
10. Why Big Time Rush is the most inspirational band?
  • They left a mark on the legacy through engaging musicianship, the character of solidarity, and diversity! They will be forgotten no more! I may sound very diplomatic and formal but this comes into my mind. 
  • Another thing in mind is this band has also made a strong impact on pop music's standards that is not elite but something that others can relate to when it comes to releasing their strong quality of music. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento