Hanapan ang Blog na Ito

Translate

Miyerkules, Enero 21, 2015

The Music Review: Favorite Duets

I would love to share some of the top 5 of my favorite duets songs (from what I have in mind) that would make my ears relaxed from two voice harmonized together to the technique of communicating with one another through a song that will make them more interpret more of their feelings. 




From the 5th to the 1st

5. First Love Never Dies - Eugene Wilde and Joanna Gardner



"This song reminds me more of my childhood life since I'm a listener to the radio if I have no school activities. This song usually touched me from the minor keys to the dramatic effect of the song that reminded me of the sunset and the bay along with myself being alone."


4. Amigos Para Siempre - Sarah Brightman and Jose Carreras


"I considered this song a classical olympic hit after Freddie Mercury and Monserrat Caballe's "Barcelona" in which the song has it's the great feeling of gathering all to be friends for life"

3. Please Leave (Argue Mix) - Yu Chiu and Edison Chen 




"I found this song more catchy and the singers in this song got to show their arguments naturally to the song. I also loved this MV of this song because the concept of the MV is a mix of two persons arguing (like cat and mouse fighting). Then in the instrumental, the two singers showcased their rapping skills in English and Cantonese respectively. Musically, their is "talk back style" of singing in which is rare in duet singing in which was more evident in the song. All in all I do love this song for their excellent style of "zarzuela-ish" style of duet singing. Yu Chiu does the solo version of this song as well." 

2. How Bad I Am? - Edison Chen and Gillian Chung



"This song is also one of my favorites from my idol since it's still a minor key, the chords are quite mysterious. Musically speaking, this song incorporates chordal vocals in the start of the song. It is also clear that the song incorporates also the Rnb and Hiphop music style in which the beat is quite similar to Janet Jackson's "Son of a Gun" just to know. In this duet version, Edison Chen sings the stanzas while Gillian Chung sings the refrain. Edison Chen also sings the solo version of the song in which in his Music video of the song was associated with dancing." 

1. La Voix - Filipp Kirkorov and Anna Netrebko



"The song is the most easy listening classical-crossover/pop song that everyone must listen to.. For me, the song has the impact that it is sung in English and French where Filipp Kirkorov sings the stanzas and Anna Netrebko sings the chorus parts. I also liked the climax where there is transition of the key where it is in the brighter key of C major. Where you can hear the fortissimo of the orchestra in the transitioned part of the song until the end."

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento