Hanapan ang Blog na Ito

Translate

Miyerkules, Oktubre 26, 2016

The Band Who Inspired Me: Dream Duet: Tegomass

Many people (particularly concert performers) wanted to have a dream duet in their musical circle.. For me I wanted to share my thoughts after thinking it a lot every time I heard this wonderful duo whose music is more of a seria (not opera) but a seria that refers to the pop singers who are not into idol status but into a serious masterpiece as a musician.




Speaking of, my dream duet is this fantastic boy band all the way from Japan called "Tegomass" - a sub unit of the boy band's NEWS (my favorite band too) consists of Yuuya Tegoshi (who sings the Tenor line/melody-primo) and Masuda Takahisa (who sings in a Baritone line/secondo). They debuted in 2006, in that same year they made an international debut in Sweden promoting their first single "Miso Suupu" in which I made a cover of it in Japanese and English version as my tribute to the band. Not only that, they also performed with many serious-established musicians sometimes with their fellow idolesque artists in the "Music Fair" - a music variety show where they performed a high quality type of music in the contrast of their idol leveled songs. They may not be regularly performed as their main unit NEWS but if NEWS has not activities, they performed.

Why did I chose this band as my dream duet? 
I heard of their music many times via downloads since I cannot find any albums in my country's music markets! If I feel to hear this band, I did. One of my favorite traits for this band is their versatility, because they have songs expanded from typical pop-folk (Miso Suupu) to Jazz pop (Chocolate) to country (Hikari) to rock pop (Tatta Hitotsu Dake) to RnB (Kiss Kaerimichi no Love Song) (Sayonara ni Sayonara). Another reason is because this band is so infectious in a musical ways and in general that can reach also to the youth oriented listeners because they can relate as well.. especially to those non Japanese people who cannot understand the text can appreciate also the melody itself.

What song do I want to sing with Tegoshi Yuya? 
The song that I would to sing with him as a duet is "The Prayer" in the style of Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli. Speaking of, He is a fan of the famous Celine Dion who hails from Canada. The reason why he admire this phenomena, for her powerful and expressive singing voice and stage presence. It was after the day that he watched a video singing "My Heart Will Go On" (as I watched this on a video), he was moved into tears. I was moved into tears while listening to Tegoshi-san himself, especially he reaches high notes a la Jed Madela in a horizontal way for a brighter tone. I have another reason why I chose this singer for this classical song because his timbre is very classical, slightly classical due to his vocal weight and color that can expand not only to pop but also in other styles like musical and classical. 

While listening to "The Prayer" by Charlotte Church while singing along with it. I pretend to have Tegoshi-san as my duet even Josh Groban sang the tenor line in the song.. What more of the actual performance with this song with my dream duet? I hope that will work more than I thought.

What song do I want to sing with Masuda Takahisa?
The song that I would to sing with him as a duet is Imagine by John Lennon in the style of Charlotte Church (with an addition of a male duet) in which I did that with my blockmate who is also a Japanese like Tegomass, I have this song in mind because Massu-san's voice is so perfect for this piano ballad song about the peace and harmony in which we all needed. I prefered also this song because this suits his personality as a musician apart from his idol status! 

While listening to this song, hearing Massu-san in mind while singing will make me feel like he's there in the duet version while I sang my part in my classical voice!

What song do I want to sing with Tegomass?
Sayonara ni Sayonara - one of their singles! 
NO NEED TO EXPLAIN!

If there are times that I can bond with the band, what will I do in order to make that bonding day a happier and a memorable one?
Spending my bonding time with them with a talk about our visions and special stories that inspired both parties. We will like to have a travel as well, and even have a food trip too!! :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento