Hanapan ang Blog na Ito

Translate

Linggo, Marso 23, 2014

The Sporty Side

...I am good at...
Bowling, I started bowling when I was 10 years old while having a trip with other special children at the Powerplant Rockwell Makati. I mastered the moves on how to hold the bowling ball and it's way too heavy then I focus a lot by looking at the pins. I also won the bowling match that time. Billiards, I was also proficient there but slightly technical when it comes to targets and it became my second sport. Swimming, was my first sport before bowling, it is important to a vocalist to strengthen your breathing and it is also part of the therapy for persons with autism in which I started doing the sport at 8 years old but I've stopped then I take back the sport at 18 as part of my class and I started gaining helps from my blockmates until my medical certificate was released before midterms, I was shocked that I am not fit to swim and I was asked to do a thesis regarding on my condition and swimming and it was proven that persons with autism is recommended to swim.

...Where it started
My devotion to sports came from my father and my twin brother. My father watched UFC wrestling, tennis and basketball then my brother watched NBA basketball. For me, I became devoted in sports after seeing a tennis competition especially seeing Sharapova. My first athlete idol that time was Maria Sharapova after seeing her endorsements in magazines and advertisements in which I have a lot of her pictures from the magazines. 

Devotion to figure skating
Then I became devoted to figure skating after seeing Yuzuru Hanyu's and Michael Christian Martinez's performances in their own both short program and free skating in Sochi Olympics and I became more devoted in the sport when I watched tons of Hanyu's performances from his exhibitions to short programs to his very superb performances in his long program in which I named him my 2nd idol and favorite athlete and I almost cried everytime I saw his performances online. I also liked Yuna Kim, Patrick Chan and Adelina Sotnikova's performances. I was also inspired by Oksana Baiul, Midori Ito and Mao Asada for their very natural performances. I also watched the exhibition show called "The Ice" in which they could dance from samba, mambo, chacha to pop dance and I was inspired to dance because of this.

Growing love for aspirations on being an athlete
I was inspired to be a figure skater after being inspired by Yuzuru Hanyu's victory in the Sochi Olympics. Then I shared my devotion first to my parents and they disapproved for such health reasons then I didn't stop pushing my dreams for the sport then I shared my skating dreams to my friends and I shared my admiration to my fave athlete in skating and I started landing my first single axel in the floor that is tiles until I've shared it to my piano teacher and she said that I can do it after I landed my counterclockwise jump. I also shared this to my choir mates too and I considered them as my witness. I continued pursuing my favorite sport with working on with dance moves and visualization that I am in the ice rink.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento