Hanapan ang Blog na Ito

Translate

Miyerkules, Mayo 3, 2017

The Singer Who Inspired Me: Ivo Bobul

Now it's time for me to share one of my favorite Ukrainian male singers, Ivo Bobul - one of the prominent Ukrainian singers with many honors for his musical contribution.



What makes me admire this singer? Where did all began?

My admiration towards Ivo Bobul started when I was downloading songs from my friend's female friend's VK profile where the first three songs I've listened from this artist was "Розмова З Тобою" followed by "Лоредана" and "Все Золоту Світу" in which all are my truly favorites. 

What are musical qualities that I liked about this singer?

His running notes (folk-song type of running notes). Because it is rare on male singers to do that since females did that running notes (pop and folk style). I also admired his musical themes, from general pop to a dance pop to a sentimental ballad lilke "Чотири Пори Року" (general pop), "Не Забувай" (latin dance) and "Евеліна" (love song) and "Емігрантка" (classic pop).

Songs that I've covered from this artist?
  • "Розмова З Тобою" - It's just a one day recording of this song because I already listened to it many times! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvYQhK8aod8)
  • "Чотири Пори Року"  - It was strophic and easy to learn but when I recorded my own version, it was a wrecking hard thing because I have to articulate all the text (not over articulating tho).  (It will be released on my youtube channel soon).
Favorite songs?
  • Любов крізь літа (Ukrainian) 
  • Скажи любила ти чи ні (Ukrainian)
  • Моя Любов (Russian)
  • Песня для тебя (Russian)
Best cover song that I've heard from this singer?

Caruso by Luciano Pavarotti - Ivo Bobul made a cover of this song in E minor (a 2 whole step lower from the original G minor in Pavarotti version). I admired his singing in Italian with much passion and expression. I was so in love also with his harmonizing style with a second voice in which was a special yet magical to the version! In Ukrainian, I can say "Це класно!!"

Worst cover song that I've heard from this singer?

Yesterday by The Beatles - Ivo Bobul made a cover of this song in the original key of the song and I have no bad comments on this but it made me feel that "The Beatles" type of song was not his forte. I hope he could sing Elton John songs at least! 

Would I like to collaborate with this singer?

"Що? Це не нового за мені питання!" (What? That's not new to me the question!) 
I would love to collaborate this person and I will be more happier to be the first Filipino performer with autism to sing with this Ukrainian male singer with such honors especially singing our own made song will be a plus! 

Why Ivo Bobul was my inspiration?

He merely inspired me to sing running notes like what he did and also this made me learn more to explore Ukrainian language music even if I'm a Filipino (not an excuse tho) since 90s Ukrainian music was similar to 90s Filipino OPM music due to it's musical structure and it's quality of music that was used. Of course, hearing his songs about love was also the reason I got to admire this singer since I slowly learn and review Ukrainian language by listening to his music and other Ukrainian artists as well. I admire the way he interpreted the song with his expressive character singing style aside from his technical skilled singing voice in which I wanted to apply while singing songs too. 

Most of all, after hearing this singer - it made me wanna sing songs in Ukrainian language as well especially continuing to do my versions of his songs in my female version!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento